Entries in ministry team (15)
One more CNM preceptor willing to travel down in late July or August. There may also be a longer term 3-12 mo position starting in fall/winter.
We are STILL searching for a qualified individual, interested in administrating/overseeing a computer programming training center here for 3-12 months. Programming skills preferred, but not absolutely necessary as most of the training can be supported from the US.
ROOM, BOARD and travel provided for both of these opportunities to serve. Small stipend is negotiable for those committed to >3 months.
I (Rebecca) have to honestly admit that this is excerpted from an email to our DEAR prayer partners at Faith Bible Church in Citrus Heights, CA. They keep me on my toes and are so gracious in coming alongside us during these extremely busy times!
- I just completed my most grueling school term yet in this nurse midwife program. Praise though for good grades!
- I also just flew to CA and am going to start a short term contract at the new Sutter Women & Children's hospital, for one last skills refresher. It is also my last term of book studies before starting my clinicals.
- Pray for Ted & Syndie in Haiti as I'm away...and for us all in missing each other terribly!
- Pray for our oldest, Tania, as she is due to deliver her first baby in the next few weeks. That I will get down there in time to help with the delivery and just for a safe, beautiful, sacred start to their new life as a family.
- Pray for my three big kids here who are all trying to figure out next steps as they work and pursue more education. We need to move them to new housing while I am here as well. So pray for grace & strength!
- Continue in fervent prayer with us over the life and adoption of the 6yo little boy in Syndie's old orphanage, Kervensley. We have been trying to get help from social services in gaining custody and his removal. His relatives were trying very hard to remove him and place him with us, but the orphanage director refused to release him. (this is illegal) Social services agreed to help them, but then the director came into town & they all disappeared and cut off communication. We suspect they were either paid off or threatened by her. IN the meantime, his MD says that his bloodwork shows continual deterioration, which means they are not following his treatment plan. This is by far the very HEAVIEST thing on our hearts and we have to lay it at the Lord's feet each day!
- The coming year is a daunting one...between ministry, work, school, parenting kids in multiple countries and all of the complexities that come along with that. Pray for wisdom, guidance, peace and joy in the midst of the stress and chaos.
- Pray over the many life changing programs that Ted is helping oversee with Operation Blessing. Just when we feel progress is being made, we see huge disparities arise that humble us, sometimes discourage us, and keep us pressing onward. Just today they saved the life a pregnant mom & her baby in one of the outlying villages. She had extremely high blood pressure, a breech pregnancy, and some sort of cyst or abscess - they were able to stabilize her, transport her to a hospital and provide her care. The woman didn't have the prenatal care needed to identify these issues early or seek care now, bc she didn't have funds for either transportation OR a hospital stay. (probably no more than $200, but completely unreachable for her family) She and the baby likely would have died without this help. It is the Lord's work for sure - as He always seems to bring these type of situations to light just in time to prevent tragedy.
- Guidance for a new OB program that will train Haitian mechanics and provide GOOD, affordable auto repair for local missionaries throughout the country. God has been throwing open doors and developing this MUCH needed resource quite quickly.
- Praise - our adoption process is finally in full swing & we have been told that it may go quicker than expected due to our residency in Haiti allowing for a different process. PRAY that Kervensley will be included!!
Thank you all for allowing us to pour open our hearts and receive the blessing of your prayers and partnership!
We are STILL seeking a computer programming guru or team to commit to helping get our training program off the ground HERE in HAITI.
Will be working with Programming Firm in the US to prepare students for a new outsourcing business.
Requires SOME time in Haiti, but doesn't have to be full time here. Could be a team of individuals that takes turns here guiding students.
THIS INDUSTRY and other jobs are SEVERELY NEEDED and VERY POSSIBLE to implement here!!!
- Olivia had surgery on her foot his spring and it went very well, she has had a long but so far successful recovery.
- Syndie graduated from kindergarten last week! this is a huge event for her as it is the first time that she has been able to attend a full school year ever! She is now fluent in English as well and just generally full of joy and life.
- We are nearing the end of a year of trying to gather all of the necessary adoption paperwork and able to get moving forward on it at last.
- Rebecca was able to train another postnatal nurse in Hinche, Haiti this spring and we all attended the graduation of another class of Skilled Birth Attendants for Midwives for Haiti in March.
- We are expecting our second grandchild this fall - Tania is pregnant with a baby girl!
- Continued strength for each of us with so many responsibilities and ongoing needs to be met.
- Spiritual refreshment & renewal as well as time for rest and Sabbath each week.
- Provision of the perfect clinical sites to line up for Rebecca for early next year. The ability to do part of her clinical practice here in Haiti. This requires finding a CNM who will travel down for an extended period of time.
- Olivia to have continued healing and recovery with her foot, that pain will subside so she can get back to work.
- For Tania to have a healthy pregnancy and delivery in the fall. Also that despite being pregnant she will find and obtain the perfect summer job.
- Ana will be traveling to the states in July-August with Oliver. Pray that we will all find a way to get to visit her in CA as well during her time there.
- Tynan and Emma as they continue to navigate what to do or study next.
- Two big ministry projects that are in the works - a midwifery school here in Port Au Prince and a computer programming outsourcing project. WE NEED resources AND leadership for these projects to move forward...and are just ready & waiting to get them off the ground.
- We ask for favor on our adoption paperwork and that the process will begin to speed up here in Haiti this next year.
- VERY IMPORTANT PRAYER PLEASE for Kervensly, the little boy that is still in Syndie's old orphanage. She calls him her "brother" and we continue to seek a way to gain custody so that he might be included in the adoption. Time is running OUT as we are going to "age out" (too old) in September and won't be able to go through the adoption process twice! He has severe medical needs that we feel will be life threatening in the O, but could easily be managed in a stable home. PRAY FOR OPEN DOORS!!!
- Always...we ask prayer for the people, the moms, the children of Haiti! pray for continual outpouring of truth and faith and love here among the Haitian christians. Pray for the needs of the oppressed to be met and for orphans to be prevented or well cared for by extended family.
- PRAY for those in dire need, like in the mountainous South-east region of Haiti just now, where they have suffered a severe drought and had NO drinking water nearby for weeks now. Pray for the people to be sustained and for the coming trouble when they have no more food stores left and crops have been lost. Keep them calm and trusting in you, kind to their fellow man and faith-filled with your provision. Pray as Operation Blessing comes alongside to bring drinking water and assist with physical needs. Pray that they will be pointed to the real source of LIVING WATER through the ministry received.
- Pray for a mountain side ministry that is being acquired by OB in the coming months. Guidance on how to support the projects there and meet the needs in this remote area.
- Pray for the remote lake side villages Ted is working in - that are being supported with clean water, education and economic development - to grow and flourish with all that God has provided in answer to their prayers.
- Leadership for a computer programming training project - to help get it up and running here.
- A CNM to precept Rebecca next year (needs to be identified & approved in the next few months)
- Resources to cover expenses for a new Skilled BIrth Attendant training school here in PAP.
- Volunteers to come work alongside us, help with household projects or "hold our arms up"!