Saturday, January 28, 2017 at 6:35PM
Our new non-profit, NouKod Foundation was approved as a 501c3 tax deductible organization on Dec 30th!
- We are in the depths of the weight of transition to new ministry and roles - pray for our courage and strength.
- We are working tirelessly at this stage of a "tent-making" ministry model, to get the new Haitian IT outsourcing business functioning without profit-seeking investors, it is taking longer than we hoped and requiring Rebecca to continue working a few weeks at a time in CA.
- Pray for her refreshment as she travels back and forth and works in both countries to her maximum capacity and for Ted as he works under challenging circumstances in Haiti at the moment.
- Pray for our first "intern" - he is a young German man, named Kenneth, who is in Haiti presently. He is interested in helping with the company devlopment and in serving to create jobs in Haiti.
- Rebecca's neice (well cousin actually, but she calls us aunt & uncle) who is also named Becca, has been on several trips to Haiti with missionaries from her home town in Rhode Island. She was with us in Haiti this month and is feeling God calling her to be there more full-time. She is prayerfully planning to return in a month to help with Syndie's homeschooling and however else she might minister.
- Pray for Tynan as he continues his programming studies and works toward being able to help with the future training and projects that will be starting up this spring.
- Emma is doing well and helping hold down the fort in northern CA for now. She has a couple of jobs and is taking her first college course this spring! Pray as she seeks God's direction in her studies and future.
- Rebecca and her midwifery partner Brooke finally were able to meet up in Haiti and spend some time planning and their ministry calling has taken them in an unexpected direction. They are now working on a partnership with Global Birthing Home Foundation to open the first birth home in all of Haiti specifically to serve missionary and expatriate women. The need for this non-existent ministry came when Rebecca returned to Haiti in December weeks after graduation, to multiple pregnant women looking for maternity and delivery care in-country. Proceeds will also be used to provide maternity care for Haitian women in need.
- Rebecca will be delivering her FIRST baby as a CNM in Haiti next month for a sweet Mennonite family. Pray for this MAMA, who is due soon. They will be traveling up to Port Au Prince from the provinces this week. Pray for a safe and blessed arrival of their new baby and for Rebecca as she attends their birth. This family has been instrumental in bringing this unmet need to light.
- Rebecca will also be taking a part time faculty teaching position on Friday & Saturdays starting in March, down at a brand new Haitian nurse midwifery program in Leogane, Haiti at a school called FSIL.
- Ted has multiple projects going on as well. He is overseeing the 5 young people that are currently working on entry level IT services. He also is training another group to provide services to NGOs through a CommCare service line and preparing for a boot camp this spring to get some programmers working soon.
We are resting in God's goodness and strength at the end of each weary day and looking forward seeing all that He will bring about here in Haiti.
Ted & Rebecca