- God has provided refreshment, a new vision and passion for our work in Haiti.
- Rebecca was offered another RN contract in CA, near family & friends for the holidays.
- Friends have kindly loaned us a car & a sweet little cottage to stay in behind their house.
- Tania Grace finished her CNA training & just got hired in her new field of elderly care.
- Provision of a new house in Haiti - across the street from AP - for LESS annual rent!
- Papillion Enterprises added 50 more Haitian employees for the holiday season...more jobs = more kids being raised by their own parents…breaking the cycle of poverty!!
- Ana & Oliver will be back in California this month! Looking forward to time together.
- God’s faithfulness, love and understanding has been revealed to us in new ways lately.
- Tynan & Emma as they look for jobs in CA and navigate education decisions.
- Rebecca as she writes project & grant proposals for a new birthing center.
- Ted as he continues to develop new Haitian business model projects.
- Current conversations with IBESR (Haitian social services) regarding a special project.
- Ted, Rebecca & Tania as we travel to Haiti this week and address immediate needs.
- Preparations for ANOTHER move in January.
- ALWAYS ongoing language learning...even harder while in the US!
- Year-end planning & meetings with the AP board in Washington State in a few weeks.
- Financial Support (monthly or one time gifts):
We are still in crucial need of individual and/or dedicated monthly donations going into 2014.
This will prevent Rebecca from having to extend her contract at the end of January, give us the stability to remain on task IN Haiti for the coming year(s), and for her to focus on midwifery training & the birthing center full time next year.
Our current budget is $2800/month & we received 40% of that amount the last two quarters.
Please contact us (email@example.com) with any monthly support start up or changes, so that we can notify Apparent Project. For one time giving or checks, place “Barlow family” in the comments area.
- Household Items:
New tires for our SUV (4)
Solar panels (6 - 100Wh or greater)
Plastic pipe for rainwater catchment system
Chest freezer & fridge conversion kit PROVIDED!
Larger scale, diesel, “quiet” generator PROVIDED!
- Medical Supplies:
Fetal heart doppler
Maternity meds (pitocin, methergine, cytotec...)
Team for household projects, moving & painting
Medical personnel: MD, CNM, OB/GYN, RN, NP, PA, DDS
Solar Power consultant
Encouragement & enrichment visitors
AP jewelry or ornament party hosts
Project fundraiser coordinator
Artisans to teach Haitian workers new skills
Those are just a few of our personal requests,
ALL of the ways you can help out in Haiti are here:
Tania Grace passed her CNA exam with impressive skills
Tynan was interviewed & hired on the spot for a part-time job.